Color Matched Engine Bay Plastics!!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by 5.3silverado, Mar 22, 2011.

1. 5.3silverado

5.3silverado Rockstar

So I Had Nothing To Do & I Decided To Color Match Some Platics, Engine Cover, Fan Cover, Fuse Box Top, & The Piece That Cover The Hood Latch Mechanism, Tell Me What You Think, Feed Back Is Appreciated. .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Nice! Looks smooth and much brighter than the stock color. I wonder how they would look if your truck wasn't black and you color matched them. Great job.

3. 5.3silverado

5.3silverado Rockstar

if my truck was a different color like for examplr red like yours they would definitely stand out much more colormatched red. . you should do it to yours. .

4. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Looks good, real clean.

5. RobbyG

RobbyG New Member

I think one word sums it up.....SWEET!

6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I have been trying to find the color of my truck in a rattle can. How long did it take for prep? Where did you get the paint?

7. 5.3silverado

5.3silverado Rockstar

well i just sanded all that stuff lightly just to remove the texture and primed it, then applied 2 whole cans of krylon fusion and that was my result all together id say it took like 4 hours to do all. . i love how it came out. .

8. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

That looks clean, man! nice job!

9. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Your Local Auto Parts Store......Auto Zone.....O'Reilly's etc.........Carries Dupli-Color Color Matching Paint......For your Truck,

[​IMG] Click Image to Enlarge

Duplicolor - Automotive Paint

Part Number: BGM0434
    Line: DPL

• UPC: 26916714299
    • Perfect Match
    • Olympic White

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  10. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Have you thought about painting the coolant tank?? Its a little bit of a hassel to check the coolant by opening the cap and looking down into it, but I think it would really finish off under the hood.