Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Color Matched Engine Bay Plastics!!

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by 5.3silverado, Mar 22, 2011.

1. 5.3silverado

5.3silverado Rockstar

So I Had Nothing To Do & I Decided To Color Match Some Platics, Engine Cover, Fan Cover, Fuse Box Top, & The Piece That Cover The Hood Latch Mechanism, Tell Me What You Think, Feed Back Is Appreciated. .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Nice! Looks smooth and much brighter than the stock color. I wonder how they would look if your truck wasn't black and you color matched them. Great job.

3. 5.3silverado

5.3silverado Rockstar

if my truck was a different color like for examplr red like yours they would definitely stand out much more colormatched red. . you should do it to yours. .

4. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Looks good, real clean.

5. RobbyG

RobbyG New Member

I think one word sums it up.....SWEET!

6. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I was thinking of doing the same thing. I have been trying to find the color of my truck in a rattle can. How long did it take for prep? Where did you get the paint?

7. 5.3silverado

5.3silverado Rockstar

well i just sanded all that stuff lightly just to remove the texture and primed it, then applied 2 whole cans of krylon fusion and that was my result all together id say it took like 4 hours to do all. . i love how it came out. .

8. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

That looks clean, man! nice job!

9. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Your Local Auto Parts Store......Auto Zone.....O'Reilly's etc.........Carries Dupli-Color Color Matching Paint......For your Truck,

[​IMG] Click Image to Enlarge

Duplicolor - Automotive Paint

Part Number: BGM0434
    Line: DPL

• UPC: 26916714299
    • Perfect Match
    • Olympic White

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  10. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Have you thought about painting the coolant tank?? Its a little bit of a hassel to check the coolant by opening the cap and looking down into it, but I think it would really finish off under the hood.