1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Color matched line-x in dark blue metallic picture request

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by NWI_#73, Mar 8, 2010.

1. NWI_#73

NWI_#73 Member

I have a dark blue metallic 08' silverado and want to get a color matched line-x sprayed in. Does anybody have a picture of this color line-x sprayed in this truck?

Thanks! :great:

2. NWI_#73

NWI_#73 Member

bump............

3. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I've heard that some of the colors fade in sunlight. I guess it depends on where you live and if you have a cover. I guess If you have a cover you wouldn't need to color match it. :neutral:

4. NWI_#73

NWI_#73 Member

I am getting mine with the additive "Xtra" which is guaranteed not to fade and is guaranteed for life. I do not have a cover so i'll put it thru the test of time.

It's costing me $700 but xtra also is fortified with kevlar so it should be bulletproof! I'm excited!!

5. mmorgan1865

Sounds like you've got it handled. :great:

6. NWI_#73

NWI_#73 Member

Yeah I hope so. Just wondering if anybody else had this color sprayed in their bed. Thanks guys!

7. DarkCherry

DarkCherry Rockstar

not too many go the colored route. $700 is a lot to spend for just a bedliner. I am sure it will look real nice though, most likely alot nicer than the standard black.

Budgets are tight these days, I either want to get the rhino liner, prefer line x but no dealers near me or a bed rug, havent decided yet. Curious to how the bed rug holds up against time and blood from hunting. I would also like to get a ranch hand grille guard and leveling kit. But those will be a while, plus need some all terrain tires, building a house and any extra cash is going that direction for now.

Once the crappy stock tires wear out, Cooper Zeon LTZ's, leveling kit and grille guard hopefully.

8. mmorgan1865

I put a bed rug in my old truck 10 years ago and it was absolutely bullet proof. The advantage to me is I can take it out and clean it. I thought the textured surface of the spray in liners would make it harder to clean so I put another bed rug in my new truck. The thing I like about it is that nothing slides on it. The thing I hate about it is that nothing slides on it.

:glasses:

9. DarkCherry

DarkCherry Rockstar

any chance you have photos of the bed rug installed on your new truck? Did you have a tonneau cover while you had it? Was it always covered? Do you think it would hold up being open to sunlight on a daily basis? Any chance you are a hunter, curious if blood stains it?

10. NWI_#73

NWI_#73 Member

$700 is a lot indeed. But.....I am going to keep my truck for a long time and i'd rather do it right the first time if you know what I mean. If I skimp and get a rhino then I may regret it. If I did anything other than a spray in I would definitely regret it.

I am opting for the additive Xtra so hope to keep the color from fading.....ever. And it should never tear, rip or wear through but if it does it's guaranteed for life. :great: