Color Matched Mirrors, Opinions?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by FrigginNoodles, Feb 25, 2011.

1. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Hey guys, I was thinking about painting the caps on my mirrors red to match the truck. I have seen this done on this site in white and it looks great. I have leftover paint/clearcoat from when I did my bow tie. The color looks pretty close to the factory paint. What do you guys think? Should I just keep the stock black plastic covers? I'm just worried that it may look funny with the black border around the caps. Here is a pic of the truck and the painted bow tie.

10.jpg 8.jpg

*Edit- P.S. Here is a link to the how to I am referring to Here

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I think they would look good red, it would match the top bumper cover.

3. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I say go for it, I think it would look great.

4. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I'm going for it. Broke a small piece of the inlay prying the cap off of the second one. DOH! That double sided tape is a pain. Shouldn't be anything a dab of superglue can't fix. Worst case scenario, I will buy some chrome overlays. Here is a pic of the damage. [​IMG]

5. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Too late to comment?

I think it'll look great. There's enough other black trim that the mirrors will fit right in. Oh, and next time, try a piece of thin dental floss to saw through that tape.
    Good luck,

6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I think it will look nice too!

Hey Kid, I like your dental floss comment...nice!

7. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Fishing line works great too and won't break as easy as floss.You can also purchase those mirror caps from your dealer,they are $70.00 at my dealer and you can get them in any body colour.

8. brownboyz71

brownboyz71 Member

I was planning on doing the same thing, but ended up getting a great deal on some sport mirrors. I love the uniform look, and it'll look especially nice since you already have the top of the bumper done too.