1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Color Matched Rear Bumper Pads & Bowtie

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by 99'HEARTBEAT, Apr 12, 2011.

1. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Last week I Painted(Color Matched).....the Rear Bumper Pads and Bowtie on my Truck....Below are some Pictures,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2011
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Hey 99... good thing you dont live up here in the great white north otherwise you would end up not being able to find your truck half the year! haha. Looking great. and what did you use to pain the bumper pads since i know the plastic is quite porous.. and how are you going to keep it from getting scuffed up stepping on it?
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

Thanks Mike....I used Dupli-Color's.....Adhesion Promoter.....Primer.....Prefect Match Paint and Clear Coat,

Dupli-Color® Adhesion Promoter improves adhesion of enamel and lacquer topcoats to all surfaces, including plastic and chrome. Adhesion Promoter is an all-purpose clear primer ideal for both interior and exterior applications.
    Where to buy?

[​IMG]

Self-Etching Primer

Dupli-Color® Self-Etching Primer etches and primes bare metal in one step, making it ideal to use as the first step in all automotive priming projects and for use on spot repairs. A high-quality formulation allows for maximum adhesion under all types of automotive finishes on plastics, fiberglass, bare steel, aluminum and stainless steel surfaces.

[​IMG]

Dupli-Color® Perfect Match™ Premium Automotive Paint is an easy-to-use, high-quality, fast-drying, acrylic lacquer aerosol paint specially formulated to exactly match the color of the original factory applied coating. Ideal for use on all OEM paint surfaces, Perfect Match is available in a complete line of exact-match colors for current and late model import and domestic vehicles, making this product ideal for both small scale vehicle touch-up and for painting vehicle accessories,

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I used......2 Coats of Adhesion Promoter.....2 Coats of Primer.....3 Coats of Prefect Match Paint and 3 Coats of Clear.....For each Coat 15-20 Flash time, I've already stepped on the pads no problem so far, the Clear Coat should help with the pads not getting Scuffed up, but time will tell......a couple of my friends checked it out and though I had them painted at Auto Body Shop......I'm just Really Pleased with the Finish I got from using these Dupli-Color Products .

Last edited: Oct 13, 2011
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

For sure.. i guess i need to take a closer look since i have a few small spots to touch up on my truck this summer (mainly the rust spot on the roof).
    I tell ya that truck keeps looking better! now time to put the summer rims back on i guess....
  5. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f New Member

your truck is lookin good
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

Mike.....Once again I'm Really Impressed with How Well the Paint Matched up with the 11 Year Old Paint on the Truck.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Thank you......:glasses:
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Truck looks awesome Mike, the color matching you have done is really tasteful. The touches of chrome make it look like it's not overdone, and really compliments the white. So....what's next?
  8. 99'HEARTBEAT

Thanks Adam........Up next is going to be a.....Katzkin 2-Tone interior, I'm going with a Matching Grey Leather with Black Suede Inset's......right now I'm mounting a LED Lighting system in the bed of the Truck.....4 LED lights under each rail and then running the Wiring to the Cargo Switch in the Cab.....

Adam your Truck.....just Looks Awesome, you have put in a lot of Time...Hard Work and $$$......into your Truck and it Shows....It Looks Great....:glasses:

Edit:.....I for got to mention that I'm getting the front Driver/Passenger side Window's tinted.....hopefully in the next couple of weeks.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  9. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I likieee, looks great!!!!
  10. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Mike,

Truck looks great. I haven't seen anything like that before. Let us know how it holds up.