Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Color Matched Xm Satellie Radio FIN on Cab!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Well i ended up also painting the xm satellite antenna FIN on top of the roof today. It took me a little time to sand down but it was worth it though. I ended up putting 4 coats of rustoleum paint for plastic in gloss black and turned out pretty good! I might buy me a bottle of clear to clear coat it along with the turn signal lens i tinted. Which clear coat can i use other than duplicolor perfect match clear because it makes the paint crack everytime i use it? 11-09-11_1359.jpg

The reason i tinted my turn signals for my tow mirrors is because i want it to go well with the Recon cab roof lights i'm gonna install in a week or 2. I also will be buying the RBP look alike grille the same time so hopefully will make the truck look even better. I will update everyone when i order and install.
  2. Rockstarrchevy81

The pic isn't that great it looks better in person it's a gloss black my camera just sucks! I can def. tell the difference in it painted from the greyish textured color!
  3. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Im thinking about painting mine white do you still use ur xm and how is it with the paint on it
  4. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

How does the FIN come off?
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

Bureden- The paint is doing great on it and hardly any imperfections in the paint! I only used 320 grit sand paper to wet sand it and cleaned it up really well. I used rusteloeum paint for plastic and no primer is needed for it. SSTONER idk how the fin pops off to be honest man i think it's way much more than it's worth from looking online! I just used some cheap sheets laid it over portions of the truck and taped areas off around it along with fin. It took a lil while to sand the fin smooth but turned out great!
  6. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

I want to do this to mine as well. I think I will have to take them to a body shop though to get my color
  7. IdahoChevy91

IdahoChevy91 Member 100 Posts

You're painting everything you can now, huh? Lol. Looks good man. I can look up what clear I use on my stuff in the morning for ya
  8. OneWheelWonder

OneWheelWonder Rockstar

Just an FYI.... In order to remove the XM antenna you have to drop the headliner I believe it it actually bolted on from the bottom.

At one time i was thinking of actually adding a second antenna (non operating) and turning them both sideways and painting them red. (devil horns lol) but when i found out there were holes i the roof and how much that little basterd cost i decided against it ha ha.
  9. Rockstarrchevy81

Yeah it's not worth it to me to take the antenna off just tape and mask it off and use some old sheets to cover the truck with and turns out great. I'm gonna clear coat the antenna today and probably coat my center caps again also. I ended up clear coating the plastic pieces in my truck that i painted yesterday and will be installed today.

I want to know how to get the 2 silver pieces off on the steering wheel? I have painted everything else but these 2 pieces gloss black..