Color-matching the black plastic inserts of the grille??

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 08_rado_rocker, Mar 10, 2012.

1. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Ever since I dropped the truck, my mind has been going 90-Nothin about things I can do to help the appearance of Truck.

Was thinking of color-matching the black plastic grille inserts on the front as well as the bowties, removing all factory badges (Except the bowties) and trying to find somewhere that sells a lettering resembling that of the stock "SILVERADO" so i can custom badge it. Also, was thinking about replacing the 08 side moldings with those from an 09-10 body style with the chrome strip along the top, as I dearly miss how the steps married the chrome across the truck from front bumper to rear.

2012-03-02_19-42-45_846.jpg
    Also debating some white SS emblems outlined in a dark blue, as I feel it would go with the "theme" of my truck (the interior is tan and i have blue LED strips under the dash and under the front seats and in the amp space for the subs hooked to my dimmer switch so they dim with every other light inside at night)

ALWAYS open to suggestions and IMO's

Thanks, B.J.

2. 08_rado_rocker

Nobody? lol

3. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

I think doing the grill insert would look sick man!

4. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Get someone to photo shop it and then decide if it works for you. Good Luck

5. FrigginNoodles

FrigginNoodles Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Whipped this up to give you an idea of what it may look like.
    whitegrille.jpg

Another thing you could do would be to put some white tape on it and cut it out. I have been debating on doing the same plastic insert on mine either red or black, I got some red tape and cut it out. Seemed to work really well as far as seeing what it would look like. (Mid way through doing the tape) IMAG0101.jpg

Attached Files:

6. 08_rado_rocker

Wow.. thanks for the help with that.

according to AMac.. I'm apparently as bad as a woman when it comes to making up my mind when it comes to Truck.

I think I am goin to go with the full white w/chrome inserts grille from GM, and do a white bowtie overlay.

Still looking for input as far as the SS emblems and finding something close to OEM lettering though if anyone has anything to that effect! :) thanks