1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Colorado Clutch Help

Discussion in 'CO - Colorado Chevy Truck Fans' started by fuffl, Oct 23, 2013.

1. fuffl

fuffl New Member

Well, I think I've bitten off more than I can chew. I planned to replace the clutch in my 76 Blazer by sliding it back a bit. Unfortunately, it looks like the thing needs to come all the way out. Anyone in the front range area with some clutch experience? I'm not sure I have the confidence to continue working on it alone. Will, of course, pay for beer, food and gas for however long it takes!
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Moved this to the new Colorado forum. Anyhow?
  3. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Sorry, no experience there. Have you tried youtube? Very pleased with some of the stuff I've tackled myself with instructional videos.
  4. fuffl

fuffl New Member

Found a nice vid on YouTube and a step-by-step online. Everything has one smoothly up until I needed to tip the engine back to slide the tranny. Darn engine won't tip, even with the engine and transfer case weight hanging from it. Neither the video or step-by-step mention loosening the motor mounts, so at another conundrum. At least I'm a bit farther than a couple of weeks ago!