Colored Head/tail light covers?

Discussion in 'Lighting Discussion' started by sevi084x4, Feb 5, 2012.

1. sevi084x4

sevi084x4 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey guys i bought a new 11 summit white z71 and i was just kind of wondering if you could find any white light covers any where solid white that is ?

2. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I've only seen tinted/smoked. Most state laws prohibit covering the headlights, even with the tinted covers, so I'm betting the solid white ones aren't out there.
    Now, there are a lot of companies that sell the tinted ones, and some clear ones. Lots of people put them on, and most cops won't mess with you for having them. If it were me, I'd find a set of the clear ones and hit the local decal shop and ask for some white vinyl scrap pieces to fit over the covers. You just have to remeber to take them off before dark/crappy weather.

Hope this helps, and good luck,

3. sevi084x4

Yah i knew they were illegal and all, and i kinda feared they would be un findable. On my last truck for a while i had smoked head and tail covers and the cops never bothered me. I just have to figure out a way to make them semi transparent still if i go ahead with putting vinyl or painting on clear ones and im not so sure how well that will work with white.

4. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

5. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

i thought about painting the tinted light covers i had but the problem with that is the light will be hard to see through it or you wont see it at all for that matter.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Bloomsburg 131.jpg oldtruckpicbeach.jpg Had my old trucks covers painted to match.. Did not drive with them on used mainly for shows.. But they were the Tinted ones.. Hard to find clear ones any more...

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  7. sevi084x4

[Yah that looks sick man. but the clear ones are not that hard to find. I know you can find them on carid and similar sites.

QUOTE=Enkeiavalanche;440311] View attachment 34627 View attachment 34626 Had my old trucks covers painted to match.. Did not drive with them on used mainly for shows.. But they were the Tinted ones.. Hard to find clear ones any more...[/QUOTE]