1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Column Shift Lever Swap to Chrome 2006 Chevy Silverado truck

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bluesilverado06, Mar 17, 2013.

1. bluesilverado06

bluesilverado06 New Member

I was wondering if anyone has swap stock Shift Lever to chrome aftermarket one, I found headlight knob, Shift Lever, Tilt Lever all in chrome and it looks pretty cool to dress up the inside of my Silverado just was wondering if anyone done this much work with their's and what all needs to be taken off to get to these parts I haven't took a look at the dash to see yet figure I would ask get little heads up on what to do or things to maybe look out to not mess anything up while doing this project.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Below is a Article"Write-up", with Pictures, on removing the Factory Shifter, and HVAC Knobs and Installing Aftermarket Billet ones, on a 2006" Silverado,

http://www.truckinweb.com/tech/0902tr_2006_chevrolet_silverado/viewall.html
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  3. bluesilverado06

Sweet Thanks I'm sure it's simple and pretty easy to do, I like getting how to with pictures so I know what all needs come off to get the job done faster and shortest work.
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Your Welcome, its not hard, just take your time......when I Swapped out the Column Shifter on my truck, Installed a Escalade Column Shifter, which has a Leather Wrapped Handle, and it has a Nice Chrome End Cap, and the Tow/Haul Button.

5. bluesilverado06

that dose sound pretty nice I bet it looks good. I also been trying figure out what people used to make their dash cover look glossy like.
  6. 99'HEARTBEAT

From what I know, to get that Glossy finished look on the Dash Surrounds, is A Lot of Sanding/Wet Sanding....before they're painted.
  7. bluesilverado06

I was thinking the same thing. lot of sanding and wet sanding.