1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Comfort Suites North Padre Island - WARNING!

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by ChevyFan, Sep 3, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, these guys are something else.

When we were looking for a place to stay during our trip, we called the Comfort Suites on Padre Island when we were driving down the road and they gave us a conditional reservation that we could back out of if we didn't like the room, so we gave them our credit card to hold the reservation.

We specifically asked multiple times if we could cancel the reservation and specifically repeated back their answer that "yes, we could cancel the reservation without charge" at any time. We would not have given them the credit card if they didn't agree with this condition.

About an hour later, we found a better place to stay, so we called back to Comfort Suites in Padre Island. The same person now said that they would not let us cancel our reservation. We discussed and repeated that was not what they said just an hour before. Finally they said they would cancel the reservation and I told them not to bill us or I would dispute it with the credit card company.

They charged us anyhow! $137 for a room that we didn't stay in, when they said that they would allow us to break the reservation (otherwise we wouldn't have done it). Just beware when trying to place a reservation on the phone. Especially when dealing with Comfort Suites in South Texas.

http://www.comfortsuites.com/

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-corpus_christi-texas-TX821
  2. ChevyFan

Grrrr,

My credit card did not fight very hard and they added the charge back to our credit cards. I'm going to dispute it again. That's $137 for a night that we DIDN'T stay at the hotel.
  3. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow, thats pretty crappy of them. Good luck with getting rid of that charge. That is ridiculous.
  4. ChevyFan

This just makes me mad, I'm sorry but it does. I blasted them pretty hard on their facebook page, I have just filed a complaint against them with the BBB as well and I'm about to as well with the Texas Attorney General. Sorry, it's not a misunderstanding, they STOLE $137 from me and I intent to get it back.

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-corpus_christi-texas-TX821

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

I should have checked with Trip Advision prior to going, but I called when driving down the freeway.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUser...nd-Corpus_Christi_Texas.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

I made a facebook page for them, as they didn't have one.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comfort-Suites-North-Padre-Island/152059351502899
  5. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Motels vary a lot from place to place.
    We have generally had good luck with the La Quinta in Flagstaff AZ.
    La Quintas are good because they are generally pretty liberal when it comes to pets. We evacuated there during KATRINA with 2 big dogs and 3 or 4 cats- no problem for 35 days.
    I always give them a plug for that.
    We don't stay anywhere that won't allow a dog- practically unAMERICAN to exclude pets.

Of course we are broke and cheap-explains the 215,000 mile 1998 Suburban-so enroute we sleep in the back at rest stops-free-just let it idle(6 hours for the AC) doesn't seem to bother it-done it maybe 8 times-use good oil of course.

We'll keep it in mind that Comfort Suites are a rip off! Post it everywhere!!
    You will eventually get the charge reversed!!
  6. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Good job with the facebook page. It's weird that my signature picture found its way beside the link on the facebook page, but thats no problem. Im glad you're going to the trouble you are to get that money back - too many people would just give up.
  7. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well, I hope second time's the charm, for you. g/l with getting and keeping the charges off. I know what you mean by it being a total PITA.
  8. ChevyFan

I actually think this is fun. :)

Ok, complaint filed with the BBB, I emailed corporate, I call the hotel every day and leave messages, I made the facebook page to tell the truth about them. Now it's time to file a complain with the Texas Attorney General and then after that I will go after the review websites and the accreditating agencies to file complaints.
  9. DirtyRed-Silverado

DirtyRed-Silverado New Member

That's what I'm Talkin' about! Go Get 'Em!!!
  10. ChevyFan

If someone disagrees with me on this, please feel free to check me. Maybe I'm not being rational? Maybe that's a good thing.

We were flat out told that we would not be charged for the room if we didn't want to stay there. We drove to the hotel, didn't want to stay there, and they would not cancel the reservation. That's just dishonest! It was even the same person on the phone, which is just crazy. I've spent more time on this than is good for me, i could have made 2x the money if I did a project that tried to earn me money.

Sigh, just have to fight the fight i suppose just for the principle of it all.