Coming at ya from Oakland!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by mhevezi, Dec 25, 2008.

1. mhevezi

mhevezi Rockstar

Well, after a 15+ year hiatus, I am back behind the wheel of a Chevy truck. My first was an '83 Silverado (5.0L V8 - ugh what an underwhelming engine) but it took tons of punishment and kept on rolling.

So now, after a brief experiment with a mini truck (what WAS I thinking), I chose a more suitable ride to haul my 6'03" frame and dirtbike around. A 2004 Chevy 1500 Work Truck! V6 Auto, with just a couple of options. Actually, I think just the CD player is the only option on the truck. It's a little rough, but runs smooth and has more than enough juice for the light duty I'll throw its way. Rides very nice, and is reasonably clean.

Here, you be the judge!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Basic Interior (gotta love the 'pleather')
    [​IMG]

But, it does have the worlds cleanest 4.3L V6
    [​IMG]

I gotta fix the tailgate latch, and only a handful of gauges are actually working, but otherwise I am quite the proud poppa!

Merry Christmas!

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Merry Christmas and welcome to GMTC! Looks like you found a good truck. I had a '85 with the 305 engine and it was a little "lame". Sounds like the 4.3L in your new truck is going to out do it. Have fun!

3. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Looks like an awesome new truck. Welcome to the GMTC.

4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016:Glad to have you here. Update your user profile asap and take some pictures of the mirror replacement. You can post a "how to" here for those of who haven't replaced the mirror yet. User update how to at: GMTC

5. StillMatic

StillMatic Rockstar 100 Posts

Welcome to the site. Hope you had a Merry christmas and the truck is looking real good!

6. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site and merry Christmas! Truck is very clean.

7. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site and nice clean truck!

8. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site :sign0016:

9. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Clean truck.