1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Comments on putting a supercharger on a 4.8L

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by TMRuiz, Jun 4, 2010.

1. TMRuiz

TMRuiz New Member

Ok I've been tossing around the idea of putting a supercharger on my 4.8 just because it's lacking in the haulin @$$ deparment. I have the K&N the Programmer and when I stomp it it just kinda brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr then gets going I know I more than likely have 308 gears and going to 373 would help in that deparment but I really like doing 80 on the interstate and only twisting the motor to 2k. So I've been kinda tossing the idea of either a turbo or s supercharger, I'm thinking supercharger because of it's throttle response time compared to a turbo.

So please comment away and let me know what yall think.
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Driven reasonably the Supercharger is a nice addition.. And the extra power is nice when you need it. However if you are pushing it all the time the motor will eventually let loose. and much earlier than if you didnt super charge it. Also your factory 5yr 100K powertrain warranty is long gone with that addition.
  3. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid New Member

I've always liked the idea of a turbo charger over a supercharger, just because of the fact that if you are not really pushin it, you won't use the turbo much (depending on where in the rev range you have it kick in I guess). Plus, depending on the set up, newer, smaller turbos can have almost no turbo lag whatsoever.
  4. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

TRUCKS did a supercharger on a shortbox reg cab 2wd 4.8 a couple years back and were extremely impressed with the overall output on the dyno, they do have a archives i believe.