Common problems on a 90 K1500

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by gt1009, Apr 27, 2009.

1. gt1009

gt1009 New Member

Hi everyone,
    I'm looking into trading my 84 military k5 for a 90 k1500 pickup. I'm doin the trade because I want a manual transmission and a pickup bed will really help me out when I haul stuff instead of the stupid 5 foot bed in the blazer. I was just wondering what any common problems to look for are with this truck. We do have a 98 suburban which also has the 350, so I know about the intake manifold gasket and that quick fitting or whatever it is on the intake manifold, but the truck I'm looking at has only 84,000 miles on it, so it should have a while before I have to deal with any of that junk. Anyways, just wonderin what to look for when I go look at the truck.

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome. I know what you mean about having a bed for hauling. I can usually put most things in the back of the burb, but there are times when I have to hitch the trailer up for those trips to Home Depot, or the dump.

A quick look at the posts in the forum should shed enough light on what to expect. As you said your 98 provides a good example.