1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Common Suspension Questions ~ Newbies to the site!!!! Look here first!!!!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Pete95Sierra, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

In an attempt to keep repetitive thread topics to a minimum, please use the search functions before posting.

It seems that every day we have new threads popping up about the "best suspension lift out there," "tire size question," and "what are the best shocks for my GM truck." Chances are, somebody has asked what you are wondering and there are already a couple threads about it.

If you cannot find what you are looking for, than by all means ask away. This site has a huge amount of threads in its archives that are easily accessible by searching. That is what this site is here for :great: This will also help the moderators by avoiding clutter on the site.

Thanks!!

Pete
  2. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Excellent sticky! That should help a lot, and to all newbies: welcome to the site!
  3. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

That's good advice Pete, but I'm a "double newby" (new to computers & this site) & when I clicked search and used key words "lift kits" "pittman arms" I got nothin... it said no results found. I know there are a multitude of lift and suspension threads on here so what's wrong?
  4. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

That's a good question. You should definitely get plenty of search results from "lift kits". Now, it's important to note that the search function will not allow you to search words that are 3 letters or less. So, if you searched "lift kit" you would only get results for 'lift'. Nonetheless, you should get results.

Here is a link to the search results I just got for typing "Lift kit":

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/search.php?searchid=325285

Again, it only actually searched 'lift' but that should get you started somewhere. If you are still confused, please feel free to send me a message and I'll try to help you out that way.
  5. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Thanks Vincennes
    I didn't know that. Thanks also for the link. I will go there after posting this. Do you know if when I do a search if it also searches the archives at the same time? I went and read all the archives back to early 1988 before I asked my dropped pittman arm question over on the "suspension" threadbecause they don't like redundant questions from newbies, but I only got back to early 1988 and started seeing blue spots before my eyes ha ha..
    There are thousands more to go (in the archives) so I'm hopeing there is a key word search for them too. There does not seem to be a search function (search entry box) there at the archives pages is why I'm asking.
    One more newbie question: Does this site notify you when someone answers your post? I didn't see anything to click when I registered but thought I may have missed it. Thanks for your help..
  6. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

With the exception of private messages, there is no sort of notification for replies to a thread you may have posted. Since threads often get multiple responses, it would not be a surprise for you to log on and find hundreds of notifications because of a few different threads or comments that you may have posted. As a result, the only way to review comments is to check up on your thread from time to time. Opening it and seeing if new posts have been made within. Also, if you remember which forum you posted your thread in (i.e. Suspension Tech), you can simply open up that forum and see a list of all the most recent threads. Threads that have bold blue titles or a small picture of an open envelope beside the title, contain new posts that you have not yet read.
  7. goinhtn63

goinhtn63 New Member

Thanks for this info..I was already asking questions till I saw this info..Good stuff..thanks.
  8. Badman PA

Badman PA New Member

Okay: so I am new to the site and this is my 1st post.

Looking to buy my son a truck and we've found a 2009 Silverado with a 6" Procomp suspension lift, 18" wheels and 35 Toyo Open Country tires.

I know NOTHING about these lift kits; any advice as to what I should be looking at to determine whether this was done correctly? Do these suspension lifts alter alignment specs, etc.? What questions should I ask the seller and what should I be aware of? Pros and Cons?

Any advice is greatly appreciated; although I am very knowledgeable about cars and trucks in general, I have no experience with lifts.

Thanks!