1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Compass in mirror

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by Aeropagus, Apr 26, 2005.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Aeropagus

Aeropagus Member Platinum Contributor 100 Posts

I would like to get a compass/mirror combination but my 'hoe wasn't equipt with one from the factory. Anyone offer any advise on how I could do this?
  2. kamikos

kamikos New Member

Could try to find one in a junk yard or buy from dealer. You will need a power plug, but there's very possibly one already sitting there in the overhead console to plug it in. I've got one and its great even though it is currently off the windshielf :(
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Argh! Lost my message

I also would like to get a compass mirror. But I have the LS trim package and there is no overhead console. Doubt if the wiring is up there.
  4. kamikos

kamikos New Member

What year did you have again? There should stil be an overhead console on the LS (at least in the older-style like mine) because the reading lights, etc are kept up there and covers some big holes in the headliner.

BTW, you may want to correct your WWW button or your homepage link in your profile as it points to a non-existant domain.
  5. Hummer

Hummer New Member

Did this work out for you.

I just got a 2003 Ho and it just has he standard inside rear view mirror with airbag info. I would like to get one with compass and am wondering if it can just be unplugged and replaced with the compass style.
    My gut feeling is they put the same wiring harness in all of them and it will just change out.

Does anyone know for sure?