Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Competent Tire Shop???

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by novaman64, Aug 10, 2010.

1. novaman64

novaman64 Member

Any body have a reputable tire shot in the Sacramento region, or even a chain (Les Schwab?) that doesnt have complete morons working for them?

I got new tires and rims, and brought them in to get balanced, I informed them that the rims were not hub centric, they are lug centric, and that they would need to be balanced off the lugs. Well I get the rims back and one of them has a ton of stick on weights, and there was so much that there was weights stuck on top of weights on top of more weights... The tech said that these huge offroading tires never balance correctly. (no, they arent huge offroading tires, they are 285/75-16 Yokohama Geolander A/t's)

Anyways, he tried balancing off the whole on the center of the rim, which is why I am guessing things didnt go well since the rims arent hub centric, as I had specifically noted.... Any advice?

2. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hub centric or lug centric has no effect on balancing. Either its balanced or its not. If its not shaking when you're going down the road, then its balanced. If its got that much weight on it, it may just be a case of the heaviest spot on your tire is pretty close to the heaviest spot on the wheel. You could try and get them to break the bead, rotate the tire 180 degrees on the wheel and then re-balance it.