Compnine is Now....

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 99'HEARTBEAT, Sep 14, 2011.

1. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Today I went to the Web Site......Compnine and they are now charging monthly fees to use their Web Site's Services and Information.

Link to Compnine,
    https://www.compnine.com/signup.php#

2. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Whats compnine???

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Nathan......You could go to Compnine's Web Site.....and you would be able to enter your Trucks Vin#.....and it would download what your truck came with from the Factory, including the RPO Codes from what Engine to the Color of your interior, you could also get/find what recalls your trucks has......and it had Wiring Diagram's for the whole Vehicle and Diagram's of Every part on your Vehicle.....IMO it was the Best Site to get Information about any Vehicle out There......and last all of the Items I've mentioned you could get for Free, but Sadly Not any More.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2011
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

thats really disappointing that compnine isnt free anymore - it was a great tool. I've run all of my (and my family's) vehicles through there to look up the RPOs and little detail features. When I got my F350, I was able to run the VIN on it too and find out the easy way what axle ratio it has and what features it was built with.

5. 99'HEARTBEAT

I couldn't Agree with you anymore Peter......It was a GREAT Tool!!!

6. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Wow!!! And I missed it!!!! :(

7. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Yep. You can still use the demo to see how it works with a 1995 Cadillac Deville though :lol:

8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

huh, coulda used that a few times with my 03. oh well.

Alex

9. 99'HEARTBEAT

I spent-ed some time viewing Compnine.....and Now if someone wanted to get a the Built Date and a list of what Parts and what the RPO Codes are for those parts by enter their Vehicles Vin # Number......that can Not be done any more......but you still can get and View.....any Recalls....Service Bulletins....and Vin Decoder/RPO Finder.....and a few other items, those can be done without having to buy one of their monthly service fees..

10. 99'HEARTBEAT

Just an Update for those who may not know regarding......Compnine's Web Site..........They are Now Closing their Doors Permanently!!......IMO they were one of the Best Outlets for Information......from running your Vehicles Vin # Number and getting a print out of your Vehicles features to the Diagram's....Recalls.....etc......Sad to see they are gone.