1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

computer adjustment for new motor

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by rackchaser71, Apr 20, 2010.

1. rackchaser71

rackchaser71 Rockstar

well ive been looking at alot of used motors on craigslist for really cheap but dont know if they will work in my truck, for example i have been seeing alot of 350's (mine is a 94 with the 5.7 tbi that is blown) what i want to know is if i buy one of these how do i make it run with my computer?????? is there somewhere i can send my comp in to be redone for the engine or what????? what do i do cus i would love to buy one of these 500$ motors and drop it in but i want it to work. thanks yall
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Provided you get a motor that's the same OBD version as yours, you should be fine. I think 94 is still OBD-I, which only has a couple sensors on the head. If it's OBD-II, it'll have a bunch more sensors and the sensors will be on the heads and the block.
  3. Chris Miller

Chris Miller Rockstar 100 Posts

Anywhere between 87-95 should work fine for you, just save your original intake and throttle body to be on the safe side.