1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Computer Gremlins and AT&T Tag Teamed me!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Caddiac, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Another title for this post would be "11 days of hell". Its too long to go into the ugly details but when my telephone number ported to a VOIP company my DSL line went down. I had done the dry loop thing and got a new number for the DSL line but that did not matter. So on August 3rd it went down. A week later I was told that it would be another 5 days and that is when I switched the cable company for internet. It would take the same amount of time but I would have the satisfaction of not being made to wait and being jerked around.

It gets better.

The next day and a few days before the cable guy arrives my computer locks up. After trying a couple of things I powered it down and it never came back up. So, I had to drop $86 bucks on cable modem ($7.00 a month to rent), $50 to install the cable (I am not a "bundle" sort of guy) and then $500 + on a new computer tower.

So over $600 bucks but it was sooooooooo worth it. I had 4 women in the house with no internet or telephone! Can you imagine what my life would be like if they all 'got in synch' with nothing to entertain themselves with but making me suffer? :glasses:
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Did you upset the technology Gods a few months ago??? Better make amends soon or the next issue may allow for enough time for the women to get in synch....they always find a way to get you when it's most impactful; either on purpose or inadvertently, my wife has that "special gift" at times (I'm the one on the left)
    :fighting0072:

Glad you're back up an running!
  3. Caddiac

Caddiac New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

You know in todays world you are only one remote deactivation from finding yourself in the stone age. No phones, no internet, no pay per view movies, no Net Flix no cell phone signal booster, no 911, and no remote monitoring of the security system. Of course the slide on my Glock works and and a full magazine fit just fine. So I guess the 911 and security system was not a big deal. But yea, I was the guy on the left for the last 11 days!

I am not so sure about "up and running" its more like up and limping. New computer is taking some getting use to!
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Good point about being in the stone age with one little techo blip. I just watched a show on the National Geographic Channel in which scientists discussed what would happen if aliens wanted to take over our world. According to them, one of the first things the aliesn would do is hit us with some sort of electrical impulse blast that would basically fry anything that had electronics in them. In this manner, it would cut us off from communication, technology, transportation, power, etc.

And you have a similar 911 and security as I. As dependable as it gets!