Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

computer mod

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by andrejj, Sep 13, 2006.

1. andrejj

andrejj New Member

Has anyone found a computer chip replacement or controller for the canyon?
    The H3 Hummer has the same motor, I wonder if it had one, and if it could be used on the 3.5liter I-5?

2. doug

doug Member

3. Bigj

Bigj New Member

there's hptuners hand held which is couple hundred dollars, i'm not sure of the website. there is also pcmforless.com. they guys there adjust the settings on the pcm (the shiny thing on the passenger side next to the window washing fluid tank.)

4. SSgtJinx

SSgtJinx New Member

Too many technical terms...

"The shiny thingy next to your windshield wiper fluid." I need to go back to school because i can't understand you guys anymore. Your all too smart for me and it's beginning to hurt my brain. OWWW!!!

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

hehe. :)

Well, we're all guilty of that. I do that sometimes where I just am reduced to pointing and grunting...gimme that...

6. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sometimes it's just easier:biggrin:

7. Coloradical

Coloradical New Member

8. Coloradical

Coloradical New Member

9. WestCoastColy

WestCoastColy Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

10. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

In these days of hyped up gasoline prices any aftermarket improvements to your car’s performance are certain to negatively impact’s your car’s fuel economy right? In a word: wrong. Depending on the aftermarket improvements made to your vehicle, your car should run more efficiently and save you fuel, not consume up additional resources. This is all the more true with a performance chip or power programmer installed in your vehicle. Please read on to learn how a chip or programmer can enhance your car’s performance.

Your car comes equipped with a special computer chip that controls your engine’s output, particularly in the area of fuel delivery. With a performance chip, your car realizes a much more efficient delivery of fuel to your engine at specified times in the course of driving. The result? Noticeable increases in horsepower as well as in torque. Replacement chips from Superchips and Jet Chips will also help your car run more efficiently, resulting in slight increases in fuel economy.

With a power programmer the same results are achieved as with a performance chip, but in a less invasive manner. With a performance chip you must remove and replace the original chip with the replacement chip which typically involves you removing your car’s dash to access the chip. With a power programmer, including those made by industry leader Hypertech, you simply plug the programmer into your under dash diagnosis plug, answer a series of Yes/No questions, and the programmer quickly and effortlessly recalibrates your engine. No tools are necessary to use a power programmer and you can return your car to its OEM power specifications at any time.

Resource=http://ezinearticles.com