Concept chevy silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by GMCErica, Jan 1, 2012.

1. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I guess I know that I gotta set up shop with my radar gun and truck ( I drive a pick up as my law enforcement vehicle) in CT and Oklahoma... lol!

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

i never said i was speeding just accelerating fast... :glasses:

3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

I live near Raleigh (NC) and Raleigh is the state capital. I do allot of night time driving and I love seeing law enforcement from say Charlotte or maybe 5 counties away coming and going in the middle of the night and they have no concept of what speed limits are and they are way out of their jurisdiction.

I actually installed a video camera on my dash and a camera at the hitch behind me so I could record when I have been stopped for any other reason. Radar guns have come down in price allot too .....

4. GMCErica

GMCErica Rockstar 3 Years GMTC Chick 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Accelerating fast, that's what all the guys who drive 1996 Chevy Tahoe LT say....

The Chevy future concept trucks, just keeping getting more space-ship looking... Next thing you know they will adding jet engines and "PUSH TO FLY" button on the console...

5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

There is some guy out in CA that took an H1 hummer, gutted it out; installed a 500hp RR turbine jet engine in it. The turbine spins a generator sort of like an alternator only bigger :) and then he installed electric pancake motors where the breaks/discs would go. He gets over 100mpg in a 12,000lbs hummer. GM asked him to do a presentation on it and it really worked.

GM wants us to continue burning regular gas and oil and only get 14-22 miles per gallon in our vortec's..... Might have to garage my truck and buy a new one so I can play with the old one a little.

oh and he gets limitless torque

6. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

That GMC concept looks better, but give me the old 03-06 body style any day.

7. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I don't much care for the style of the truck. Sexy? Truck- No. GMCerica -Yes!!!!!!!!!!
    If you come with the truck I would buy it. But no GMCerica , no truck!

8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

* The front end and swept windshield looks like the Camaro front end/grille/windshield ... truckified.
    * The window angles remind me of Ford trucks' window angles ... minus the lower cutout.
    * The rear looks very stepside or SRS-ish.

YUCK.

9. 747

747 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Its a very cool concept, but I wouldnt replace the current Silverado with it. It might be a cool addition to the product line though, maybe replace the Avalanche with something like that concept.

10. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I hate this concept, and everything about it. The Ford explorer sport trac is a more attractive vehicle than this.