1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Confused

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by scott6, Sep 21, 2009.

1. scott6

scott6 New Member

I have a 2001 Silverado 1500 with a 5.3. Today when i was driving down the road i got on it a little, enough for the overdrive to kick in but it never did. My rpm's were going up but it was not putting the power to the ground. Whats wrong?
  2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Transmission slips in overdrive

We'll assume you have an automatic transmission. (update your profile with your vehicle info please) I expect it has 150k to 165k on the odometer. What's the maintenance history? Oil changes, transmission serviced? What does the transmission fluid look/smell like?

If it has been awhile since a fluid change in the transmission, i would get that done asap. Also consider an additive like Seafoam trans tune.
    [​IMG]
  3. scott6

scott6 New Member

sorry i just joined quick. Yes it is auto and has 90000 miles. I don't know the last time the tranny fluid was changed.
  4. MOJ06

MOJ06 Rockstar

inspect the fluid and get it changed is step 1.