Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Connection under Seat

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by troyb, Aug 29, 2010.

1. troyb

troyb Member

While replacing the passenger seat after upgrading center console/jump seat in the 2500HD, I noticed there is a plug in a harness that is not connected to anything. There also is a connector tucked under the pass. side floor mat, wrapped with black electrical tape. Any ideas what they could be for?

2. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Are there any of the seat functions that are not and/or have not been working (i.e. seat belt chime, seat adjustment controls, heated seat, etc.)? Also, what seat functions did your truck originally come equipped with?

3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

probably for heated seats or and electric seat option

4. troyb

troyb Member

Truck has the W/T trim. The one plug comes from the seat, yet the seat belt chimes function properly.

5. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

x2 That's exactly where I was getting. Unless you're just curious, I would not worry about it as long as your seats are securely installed and everything is functioning as well (if not better) than before.