Considering buying newer truck, questions.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Diggler, May 14, 2010.

1. Diggler

Diggler New Member

Hey guys. Well I'm at the point with my 96 at over 400,000 kms where I'm considering buying an 06/07. I just heard from a friend of mine that the newer trucks won't take some aftermarket parts like wheel bearings and you've gotta use GM ones at about $600 each! Is this true? If that's the case I'd really re-consider. I'm just wondering if you guys with the newer trucks think it's worth it to buy one.

2. AirPirate

AirPirate New Member

Sorry I can't help you with the parts question, but be sure to compare the interior quality of the newer 07 to the older "Classic" 07 and all 06's. The 07 was a big leap forward for GM as far as interior quality goes. You can see it easily if you sit in the vehicle.

3. Diggler

Diggler New Member

The newer truck interiors are nice for sure. I never thought I'd utter these words, but I might have to park my pride and consider Ford as an option as well.

4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

they make aftermarket parts for those trucks expensive but never seen one go bad yet on the new style trucks, this was a parts search for and 2008 silverado 1500 5.3, a 2007 classic would be cheaper

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 15, 2010