1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

considering new 2012 Tahoe, pros/cons?

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by RFoster130, Jun 12, 2012.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. RFoster130

RFoster130 Member

Just curious how you all like your Tahoes. I am considering buying one. I currently have a 2005 Z71 Avalanche that just isnt big enough for the family. Curious what common problems or issues are. Looking at a 2012 4x4. My dad is retired from GM, so the friends and family price with current incentives is going to save me almost $12,00 so it is hard to refuse the deal compared to buying used.

2. Only thing I would suggest is get a Suburban. The Tahoe is very nice and can haul plenty of people or plenty of stuff but not both. My 07 Trailblazer had more storage room then my wife's 08 Tahoe with the third row in.

3. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Wow what a discount, I would take advantage of that as well! Anyways, if I were you wait until next year because I'm pretty sure the new body styles are around corner. Otherwise the tahoes are great but it's worth the money to buy the LTZ model. The extra features and emanates are great and I love them plus the resale value is excellent if you ask me. Not really any cons, the tahoes are excellent SUV's and I would tell anyone to buy one!

4. camaro_guy_z28

camaro_guy_z28 New Member

I love the look of the tahoe but i just couldn't get over the lack of room in the back for storage when using 3rd row and went with a burban. Also gas mileage seems pretty close

5. RFoster130

RFoster130 Member

I ended up pulling the trigger on a 2012 4WD LT. I love this thing. The storage space is kinda limited when using the 3rd row, but it fits our family perfect. MSRP was 53800 and we got it for 42400. I couldn't pass that up. Here is a pic with the boat.

[​IMG]

6. TexasTechRaider

We have the same boat! I love the Tahoe and the boat. Great purchases! Now you need to get a set of GM CK375 wheels on it. Look them up!

7. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Very nice. You won't regret it. And I think you made the right choice going with the Tahoe over the Suburban. You could always take the third row out if need be. Congrats and enjoy.:great:

8. RFoster130

RFoster130 Member

Im not a big fan of the 375's or any 22" wheel really. I'll probably keep the stock wheels for now. I've had the boat 5 years, I love it. Lots of fun. You should come over to seadooforum.com. That's my main forum home.

9. TexasTechRaider

Understandable, and I'll take a look at that forum. I have two bombardiers to that I love to have fun with. I'll keep a look out for you over there!