Considering new bumpers........

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by mxracer919, Apr 22, 2009.

1. mxracer919

mxracer919 Rockstar

So i just got my wheels put on and i have the fever bad. Right now i am trying to decide on what leveling kit to do, and working on getting my windows tinted. And then i found these bumpers....front and rear. They are pretty pricy, but i love the way the front bumper looks. From there i plan on painting the chrome grill shell red to match the truck, painting the bowtie black, and then doing a black billet inserts for the grille. What do you guys think? Heres a link to another thread that has a picture of my truck. http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21558

The pictures below are not of my truck, they are from the ranchhand website.

Attached Files:

2. GOTSAND4ME2

GOTSAND4ME2 Rockstar

I would say go for it, I think they make the truck look awesome

3. mxracer919

mxracer919 Rockstar

for sure, just gonna be hard to come up with another 1000 after i just dropped 1000 on wheels and tires....but i will find a way, i always do lol

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I love the bumpers you have picked out, but you definately have got to get that truck a little higher in the air! I have an S-10 that's stock height with a roll bar, and all I hear is "man you have got to lift that truck to make it look right" The front bumper could actually hold four 6" lights if you wanted the pre-runner look, but otherwise I think they will look awesome on your truck. Great find! :great:

5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks pretty tough, I wonder how much it weighs.

6. mxracer919

mxracer919 Rockstar

Yeah i plan on doing a leveling kit that is atleast 2.25....but i really dont want to lift it.

7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My diamondplate cover on my truck weighs 225 lbs total, so I am going to guess that the front bumper probably weighs over 100lbs. That will definately weigh it down some for sure!

8. mxracer919

mxracer919 Rockstar

I had wondered that too.....I really like the look but is probable overkill for my truck....be sweet if there was something similar in aluminum. But anyways i am working on getting an answer from ranch hand about the weight!