1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Considering new bumpers........

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by mxracer919, Apr 22, 2009.

1. mxracer919

mxracer919 Rockstar

So i just got my wheels put on and i have the fever bad. Right now i am trying to decide on what leveling kit to do, and working on getting my windows tinted. And then i found these bumpers....front and rear. They are pretty pricy, but i love the way the front bumper looks. From there i plan on painting the chrome grill shell red to match the truck, painting the bowtie black, and then doing a black billet inserts for the grille. What do you guys think? Heres a link to another thread that has a picture of my truck. http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21558

The pictures below are not of my truck, they are from the ranchhand website.

Attached Files:

2. GOTSAND4ME2

GOTSAND4ME2 Rockstar

I would say go for it, I think they make the truck look awesome
  3. mxracer919

mxracer919 Rockstar

for sure, just gonna be hard to come up with another 1000 after i just dropped 1000 on wheels and tires....but i will find a way, i always do lol
  4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I love the bumpers you have picked out, but you definately have got to get that truck a little higher in the air! I have an S-10 that's stock height with a roll bar, and all I hear is "man you have got to lift that truck to make it look right" The front bumper could actually hold four 6" lights if you wanted the pre-runner look, but otherwise I think they will look awesome on your truck. Great find! :great:
  5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks pretty tough, I wonder how much it weighs.
  6. mxracer919

mxracer919 Rockstar

Yeah i plan on doing a leveling kit that is atleast 2.25....but i really dont want to lift it.
  7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

My diamondplate cover on my truck weighs 225 lbs total, so I am going to guess that the front bumper probably weighs over 100lbs. That will definately weigh it down some for sure!
  8. mxracer919

mxracer919 Rockstar

I had wondered that too.....I really like the look but is probable overkill for my truck....be sweet if there was something similar in aluminum. But anyways i am working on getting an answer from ranch hand about the weight!