Considering switching up exhaust...again.

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by chevytruckprincess, Jun 22, 2011.

1. chevytruckprincess

chevytruckprincess New Member

Hey y'all!

I'm thinking about changing the exhaust on my Silverado (regular cab, short wide bed, 4.8L V8) once again. It currently has straights on it and before that it had a Flowmaster 40 series. I love having straights on it, but they've developed a terrible rattle from all of the vibration that seems to be non-fixable. Does anyone have any suggestions of what system I should try next that will still be loud enough to rattle windows?

Thanks!

2. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

Maganaflow 4X9 oval

3. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 Rockstar 100 Posts

Here a post of my exhaust, pics at bottom
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?68930-Exhaust-Idea

Magnaflow 14inch oval DI/DO 2.25 inch pipe ( its nice when you pick up your muffler and can see straight through it! )

Though i wasnt going for the loudness i got, i can tell you that it sets off a many of car alarms just idling through parking lots. You can defiantly feel the rumble in your seat, however it has a bit to much cab noise for me which i may fix by getting rid of the turn downs and extending it out the back.

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

We have Magnaflows on our trucks.

5. LoneWolf'burban

LoneWolf'burban Rockstar 100 Posts

MagnaFlow is the way to go. Makes my 4.3 V-6 sound like an carbed 'n cammed 350.

6. expediter

expediter New Member Platinum Contributor

loud does draw attention!! I hope your a law abideing citizen,,, otherwise.............

7. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

what did you end up doing with this afterall?

8. Burden33

Burden33 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Ihad magnaflow on my 2500 and loved it fomy work truck going on long hauls it was way to loud inside. I now got mbrp on my nnbs and love it quiet when. Want to be but loud when i step on it

9. chevytruckprincess

chevytruckprincess New Member

Thanks everyone for your replies, I'm not a huge fan of Magnaflows. I haven't changed anything yet, I'm still rocking the straights. I may just leave them on until I trade for my 6.2L...I love the sound of them too much and can't find anything that makes me happy enough to commit to them.