1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Considering Used Tahoe/ Yukon

Discussion in 'Chevy Tahoe Forum (GMC Yukon, Cadillac Escalade)' started by rojallad, Sep 17, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. rojallad

rojallad New Member

Hello to all! I am new to the forum and I wanted to pick your brains about these vehicles. I really would like to buy a Tahoe or a Yukon and most of the vehicles that I am finding ( in my price range) have 75-120K miles on them. I have always leased my vehicles and therefore never had to worry about maintenance issues. Should I be worried about the miles on one of these vehicles or, are they tough enough to go another 100K? What should I look out for?

Thanks!

Ronnie

2. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site, Ronnie! If the Tahoe or Yukon your looking at has been maintained, at all it should have many more miles left in it. My '04 has 130,000 plus and still running as new. I say that, but it does have the same "rattle" in the steering column as most others (I've gotten used to it). It is the "intermediate steering shaft" (I think that is what it is called). That is the one thing that most folks have had trouble with and it is an annoyance, not a safety problem. Good luck with your search!

3. RedHoe01

RedHoe01 Rockstar

I have an 01 Tahoe with 128,??? on it and I have no issues that have cost me over $60. No tranny, electronic or powertrain issues at all. Just your basic hoses, belts brakes etc.. needing to be replaced. Very solid vehicles from at least my experience. Mine was for sale but since I got my rims I am loving it again. I say go for it.

4. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You should be find, you also can get a history report of the vehicle, any major reapirs, accidents and how many owners there have been. I would also start hitting the dealerships for vehicles that are actual lease returns.

5. twiggy

twiggy Member

I Have a 99' tahoe that i bought two years ago, and i LOVE it. it's the best truck i've ever owned. i bought it with 150,000 miles and now i have 220,000 miles and it runs great, i haven't had a single problem out of it. All i've had to do is put in a new radiator and a new battery. I also say go for it, you wont be dissapointed...

Attached Files: