1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

convert a 2007 Rado classic to a 2007 avalanche front end

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by CanadianBadRado, Jun 8, 2011.

1. CanadianBadRado

CanadianBadRado New Member

I was wondering if the "newer" avalanche front end (2007 - 2010) can bolt up to a 2007 "classic" silverado, or would major cutting and welding be involved...
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

For a price anything is possible. but doing a platform jump from a classic to the GMT900 trucks would be very expensive, all the metal would have to be hand molded/formed to make lines match up and i am sure the inner structure of the front end is completely different and would require alot of fabrication to get all the hangers to line up with the body.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I think it will bolt up. The new Avalanche front end is just new fenders and front, the rest is the same. The older Avalanche front end was the same as the classic Silverado. I think only the bumper cover was differant. The Silverado and Avalanche had the same front doors so they should match up to the new fenders. I think I explained that right.
  4. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

it more work then you think the body lines arent all that simliar and you'd have a ton of time and $ into it......but its what you really want and plan on keeping your truck for several years-forever you would be the only guy around with that conversion
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Remember the old Av's there were 2 one cladded one not and they were differant.. As for new 07-11 to your old Silverado.. Lots of work I think but could be cool...