1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Convert a manual shift transfer case to electric

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Normandc69, Apr 3, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Normandc69

Normandc69 New Member

I was wondering if it was possible to do? I have a 04 HD with a bad transfer case, was going to overhaul it in the spring. But several weeks ago, I had a transmission cooler line break and fried the transmission (my son was driving, I think he hit something to rip the line out of the radiator). I've now come across a used transmission with low miles, they also have the transfer case, but it's manual. so like I asked at the beginning, can it be converted.

Thanks!
    Normand

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Interesting question. I think the 2 cases in question are the NV 261 (manual) and the NV 263 (electric). AFAIK, every thing is the same except for the shifting parts. The 263 has an electric motor. It may be an easy swap.