1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Convert Sierra to Yukon XXL

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Sierra2yukon, Feb 22, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

there is also a company in TX is believe that will take any 3/4 ton suburban, from 01 and up and make it a duraburb for a round 15k or so, that is everything that it would need brakes, axles, comuter, gears, motor and a allison tranny. also I know of conversions specifaclly for suburbans to make them a dually, just not sure on which models, the last time i saw one was for a 1990 subruban, but with enough money anything can be done:rules:
  2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

There is also a company on Florida, Duraburb is the name. They do conversions to diesel.
  3. ahm1127

ahm1127 New Member 100 Posts

Any updates?
  4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I'd love to see the process if you wanted to try to get this done, but I agree that you're into a lot more money to make it look the same or similar. You might be able to do something like cut-out the back of the Sierra window area and make a larger pass-through between the bed and the cab, then put some type of topper on it. But the cab and the bed are designed to flex a little bit, so you're never going to get a great seal in there. However, if you want to think about something like the Subaru Brat (late 70's early 80's) or even the old Broncos where they have a removable 3/4 hard-top. Shoot, my dad even had a removable full hard-top of his old '65 International Scout (put a 350 in that thing).

So, if you want it to LOOK like a Yukon, probably not worth the money as you could just trade in and get the Yukon for less money. If you wanted to do some type of altered pass-through with a bed cover, that might be something you could do, bolt down some seats (something like this video below) and you might have the best of both worlds. ????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rek18Y3qmk

- - - Updated - - -

What's the name of the company, just curious.