1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

converting 2 whel drive to 4 wheel drive

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by jdaugherty3, Dec 31, 2008.

1. jerseymike68

jerseymike68 New Member

Magnaflow 93714

I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 93714. Also some of the forum sponsors usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.
  2. rnw

rnw New Member

Are you goin to have to switch the tranny for the conversion or just add a transfer case
  3. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

X2. Or do it yourself. Double wishbone solid axle would be a good choice. It's a ford thing but it'll work and it's decently easy. Well easy for someone who is looking and capable of doing it their self
  4. moogvo

moogvo Moderator 1000 Posts

I vote to sell it on Craigslist and buy one that is already a 4x4. It isn't as if they are hard to find or tht they are expensive. You can probably come out of it paying only the DMV tag fees.
  5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

Come on, we all want a 3 wheel drive lifted corevette....lol
  6. GMC571

GMC571 New Member

If you inspect your vehicle you may notice that truck companies have a basic setup for their vehicles. Other posts suggest you sell yours and buy a new truck. I know this is an option but not really the issue. For those who like to work on trucks, this is not about just having a truck with 4 wheel drive, it is about getting doing what you enjoy. So here is a basic option, find a wrecked similar donor truck and swap the parts you need to your 2 wheel drive.