converting 2 whel drive to 4 wheel drive

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by jdaugherty3, Dec 31, 2008.

1. jerseymike68

jerseymike68 Rockstar

Magnaflow 93714

I have the same magnaflow too and love it, you can usually get a used one on ebay or cragislist. I wanted a valid warranty so I got it here. Magnaflow 93714. Also some of the forum sponsors usually have a sale going on. Either way its a great exhaust system, sounds great, and very easy to install.

2. rnw

rnw New Member

Are you goin to have to switch the tranny for the conversion or just add a transfer case

3. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

X2. Or do it yourself. Double wishbone solid axle would be a good choice. It's a ford thing but it'll work and it's decently easy. Well easy for someone who is looking and capable of doing it their self

4. moogvo

moogvo Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I vote to sell it on Craigslist and buy one that is already a 4x4. It isn't as if they are hard to find or tht they are expensive. You can probably come out of it paying only the DMV tag fees.

5. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

Come on, we all want a 3 wheel drive lifted corevette....lol

6. GMC571

GMC571 New Member

If you inspect your vehicle you may notice that truck companies have a basic setup for their vehicles. Other posts suggest you sell yours and buy a new truck. I know this is an option but not really the issue. For those who like to work on trucks, this is not about just having a truck with 4 wheel drive, it is about getting doing what you enjoy. So here is a basic option, find a wrecked similar donor truck and swap the parts you need to your 2 wheel drive.