Coolant Low Light on in Message Center

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by sje0123, Sep 25, 2010.

1. sje0123

sje0123 Member

Over the past week I have been getting the "Coolant Low" Light on my 2001 Silverado 1500. When I bought it back in May or around then I flushed the system and replaced the thermostat. To this point I have had no issues. The correct engine temp is maintained and when I look at the coolant reservoir it is at the correct fill line. When I turn the truck off then back on the light is gone. It just randomly pops up.

Any suggestions?

I don't know if this is related at all, but under acceleration recently there seems to be some gurgling behind the glove box area. When I flushed the system I pulled the heater core hoses and flushed it with the hose and it ran thru just fine so no clogs in there.

2. SilveradoLS

SilveradoLS New Member

Air in the system maybe?

3. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

The first problem is a faulty sensor which can happen over time, and the second is an air bubble in your Heater core. really not a lot you can do about it that i know of, i just deal with it since my gas pedal usually isnt that close to the floor HAHA.

4. sje0123

sje0123 Member

Yes it is only heard under hard acceleration. As for the low fluid sensor, from what I see that comes only with a new tank? Do you know if it is a part of it's own or is it a package deal?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I replaced the whole unit when mine pooped out...