1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Coolant smell?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Nick Keck, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Nick Keck

Nick Keck New Member

every time i turn my defrost on in my 94 burban i get a very strong smell of coolant in the cab. but i dont smell it under the hood at all. any idea what its coming from?
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Your heater core is leaking you will need to replace it soon before it completely lets loose and dumps all of the coolant into the cab of your truck.
  3. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

X2! Been there, had that happen!
  4. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle New Member 1000 Posts

x³ - plus it's a whole days work to replace.
  5. swedp

swedp New Member

my coolant smells rubber in the reservoir,guess i´m heading in to a problem,changed coolant but still smells,no leaks so far
  6. Nick Keck

Nick Keck New Member

that's what i was affraid of. local shop is asking for 200 to replace just in labor. is that a decent price?
  7. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Live with out a heater????? HAHA we live with out AC not with out heat... Then again im from MN, i cant speak exactly on MI weather...