Cop car taken out near my house

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, May 20, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

This was about 2 blocks up from my house. That Crown Vic got it's front end taken off.

Attached Files:

2. 84fiero123

84fiero123 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Woops, oh that’ll buff right out.

3. ChevyFan

I wonder what ever came of this issue. I actually snapped this photo a good number of weeks ago and just found it on my system. I really couldn't tell who's fault it was to tell you the truth.

4. GM_Guy

GM_Guy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

a little paint,and it'll be good as new

5. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hope he's Ok. Next time slow down, that bag of day old donuts will be there when he gets there. Geeez

6. Robbiev

Robbiev Member

7. ChevyFan

Wow, that's horrible. Driver was probably killed in that or at least very seriously burned. Nuts how the first couple of people just drove around and kept going like that Jeep Grand Cherokee.

8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Maybe I'm just a heartless prick, but there really didnt seem to be anything to stop for unless you like to watch fire.

9. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

someone could have stopped and heroically jumped out of their vehicle to try to pull the person out, don't know if I would have done it, but I certainly would have stopped and tried to help any way possible. On the topic of the cop car, from those pics it kinda looks like the car's driver rear tire is sitting on blocks. I know it's not, but that's what it looks like.

10. Robbiev

Robbiev Member

The news reports said that the driver was prone to seizures and that's what they think happened. They said he was doing about 65 mph when he hit. He was obviously killed instantly and could only be identified by dental records. The Cop on scene was sitting about 100 yards away doing Truck inspection checks. You can see him run up to the car but the heat was to intense. As for people just driving past it like it wasn't even there, thats Jersey for ya. Everybody always in a hurry.