1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Copper Paint

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by arhodge, Aug 5, 2012.

1. arhodge

arhodge New Member

Hello all,

I am new to the Forum. I recently traded my 1982 Chevy K10 on a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500. The 'new' truck is pretty stock, and is black. I wanted to start getting ideas on how to personalize the truck.

I have seen many guys that have blacked out the truck and others that have added a bunch of chrome. I wanted to do something 'different' so here is my question. Has anyone used the Dupli Color Copper product? http://www.duplicolor.com/products/copper/ I have seen it used on a couple of TV shows, but was wondering how it holds up, how it looks and ages, and if anyone has used it on there trucks and has pics?

I was thinking about using it on the bumpers and grill, with a black Chevy Logo. Then debadge and demold the trim. I have picks of my truck on my pics page.

So what do you all think.

Thanks for your 2 cents!
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have not used their 'copper' product but I -have- used their 'chrome' product. If it's anything like the 'chrome' product then it'll come out far more dull looking than the photos and the product's cap. I highly recommend doing a test with the product before using it on anything you care about ... to make sure the result is to your liking.