Copper Paint

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by arhodge, Aug 5, 2012.

1. arhodge

arhodge New Member

Hello all,

I am new to the Forum. I recently traded my 1982 Chevy K10 on a 2002 Chevy Silverado 1500. The 'new' truck is pretty stock, and is black. I wanted to start getting ideas on how to personalize the truck.

I have seen many guys that have blacked out the truck and others that have added a bunch of chrome. I wanted to do something 'different' so here is my question. Has anyone used the Dupli Color Copper product? http://www.duplicolor.com/products/copper/ I have seen it used on a couple of TV shows, but was wondering how it holds up, how it looks and ages, and if anyone has used it on there trucks and has pics?

I was thinking about using it on the bumpers and grill, with a black Chevy Logo. Then debadge and demold the trim. I have picks of my truck on my pics page.

So what do you all think.

Thanks for your 2 cents!

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have not used their 'copper' product but I -have- used their 'chrome' product. If it's anything like the 'chrome' product then it'll come out far more dull looking than the photos and the product's cap. I highly recommend doing a test with the product before using it on anything you care about ... to make sure the result is to your liking.