1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Correct me if I am wrong

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Clean04, Feb 16, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Clean04

Clean04 Member

20" wheels have these negative attributes:

-hurts MPG
    -harder to stop
    -rough Ride
    -Harder on the brakes
    -Tires are Pricey
    -wears suspension and steering parts faster

I WANT 20's but there are so many cons!

2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

anything that is bigger or heavyer than stock is going to do more wear its not all that much diffrence in everthing you listed...

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Correct if Im wrong

Have 20s on wifes Trailblazer with Belltech 1.5X3inch lowering kit.After 65,000 miles still has all original front end parts, gets 28 mpgs on highway.

4. Clean04

Clean04 Member

Well i bought a sell of 20's today and I am putting them on tomorrow morning.

I will see how much I hate em.:)

5. crane3447

crane3447 Rockstar 100 Posts

I Love my 20's with 295/45 's. Play with the pressure. Start at around 32. I find 35 good for me. You can find a sweet spot and still get good mpg. If you are going to tow add a little more pressure to the rear when you do. Less sidewall remember. Couple more pounds should do. Post some pics.

6. Clean04

Clean04 Member

Really appriciate the help Crane. That was what I was hopping for was someone to give me the green light on these bad boys

These wheels have some REALLY low pros on em that i have got to ditch. 245 I think.

I will throw up some pics in the AM after I throw em on.

7. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I love my 20's and the bigger the tires, the softer the ride so if you are going low-pro better get some good shocks.

8. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

with the low pro tires the ride will be rougher, but thats about it. it may hurt MPGs if the rims are heavier than stock. as for the front end parts wearing out faster i dont think you have to worry about that.

oh and pics!!