1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Corroded battery terminal

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by eyegore, Nov 23, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. eyegore

eyegore Rockstar 100 Posts

Have an '07 Silverado LTZ w/6.0 Vortex Max. I noticed that my positive battery terminal is corroded. Can I just unhook and clean the terminal or will my radio lock up because of the battery disconnect? Would there be any other issues that I would need to be aware of with unhooking the battery? A local garage plugged something into the power port on my wife's '02 Tahoe to prevent the radio issue but for just for a DIY project, I don't have access to something like that. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

2. agerangere5

agerangere5 Member

i have an 09 and i went to change my battery out with a gell cell. when i disc. the batt and then hooked the new one up the radio still worked. had to reset the presets but no other issues. hope this helps

3. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Pour a little Coke over it. It eats all the corrosion, and makes you think twice about drinking Coke!

Good luck,

4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Seltzer water isn't as sticky. :glasses:

No worries on the radio, except the presets. I bought a cheapie radio saver that plugs into the cig socket from Wal-Mart. Used a 9v battery. Didn't work.