1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Corsa performance muffler's any good??????

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Rockstarrchevy81, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Rockstarrchevy81

Rockstarrchevy81 Rockstar 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was thinking about putting a muffler back on my truck since gas mileage sucks. I was wanting something better quality than a flowmaster which too many people have. I heave that corsa makes a good muffler and exhaust. I already got exhaust ran just want the muffler. I want something that's not too loud but not too quiet either but also help me with performance all together. I want a muffler that sounds really good but it's not too quiet to hear!!
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Corsa is a great muffler. They make the GMPerformance exhaust systems.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Corsa makes a touring and a sport muffler. The touring is more mellow than the sport, but you can still here it. It all depends on what you call loud and someone else calls loud.
  3. Rockstarrchevy81

yeah i have straights and they are pretty loud without allot of pop actually.. i had a 98" gmc sierra 5.7 vortech with no cat's and they were too damn loud haha. I mean i want somethin that will help my truck get the back pressure back and a bit more performance also and sound really good while at idle and when foot on the gas.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

I think i might go with the 2008 silverado corsa DB black muffler i heard it and it sounds perfect not too loud and not too quiet and has a good nice tone.
  4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had the Corsa Sport cat back on my 6.0 GTO and it was the perfect sound. It was loud when I wanted it to be and it was not when I was on the highway. They are not cheap, but you do get your money's worth. There are a few youtube videos of NNBS with the Corsa Sport and they sound sick!
  5. Rockstarrchevy81

yea man i was wondering where online could i find true dual corsa muffler's but without the exhaust i just need the muffler's to put on..
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

As Al will also tell you. When we were at the Keystone show we were talking to the guys from Corsa. The new DB system is what you are looking for. I think you will be very happy with it...

Check out www.corsaperformance.com
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  7. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The db looks nice, and like others have said Corsa is high quality. Can't comment on sound of the db though other than what's on Youtube. I got the Borla dual exhaust mainly due to the dual which exits behind the tires. Otherwise I'd probably have gone with the db or magnaflow.
  8. Rockstarrchevy81

yeah does the DB muffler have dual in dual out because that's what i want is true dual's and i have heard these exhaust and the DB does sound damn good to me... I just want to buy the muffler already have exhaust on my truck..