1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Corsa sport to quiet!! any ideas?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Pflor86, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Pflor86

Pflor86 Rockstar

ok so after bouncing around from exhaust to exhaust i ended up going with the Corsa sport. i installed it last night and it is just not loud enough... not loud at all. i am not sure if it just needs some break in time or what but this $1000 cat back exhaust is not much louder then stock. the only thing i can say is it looks good. just looking for some suggestions on what i can do to make this a little louder.. i live in New York and there are a lot of emissions laws so i cant do no cats or anything like that and i already have a thousand into the exhaust i didnt really want to spend another 500 on headers so if you have any other ideas i would appreciate it thanks
  2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had corsa sport on my 6.0 GTO and it was load, but after about 150 miles it got real loud. If you are still not happy I will buy you a flowmaster 10 series and you can send me your corsa!
  3. Pflor86

Pflor86 Rockstar

haha i am going to put some miles on tonight hope it gets louder... ill let you know
  4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I think after a few miles you will be happy. Keep us posted!
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Corsa is NOT a Loud system Thats why they are called NO DRONE sound.. http://www.corsaperf.com/technology.aspx But they will give you all the performance as any other system.. Maybe you should have gotten the DB system from them..
  6. Pflor86

Pflor86 Rockstar

i looked into the DB system and talked to corsa when i was ordering and they are basically the same exhaust but the sport comes with a lot higher grade stainless and has better clamps and tips then the db also the warranty is better with the sport so thats why i got it
  7. Pflor86

Pflor86 Rockstar

so i have had this thing on for around a week and prob a few hundred miles and its not getting any louder yet....wish i didn't spend a grand on this thing and would have just gone to an exhaust shop and got something custom done
  8. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts