Corvette Restoration in Progress

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by 5point3, Jul 2, 2009.

1. 5point3

5point3 Rockstar 100 Posts

I just thought I'de share a few pics of a Corvette my father is restoring (for someone).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Odometer says 10,xxx miles not sure if its original. I didnt ask but the interior still looked new, not sure if that was replaced before it was brought in.
    [​IMG]

2. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I'm envious! Who ever is getting that car is one lucky son of a *****!

3. hunky

hunky Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks like a nice one. Had one of these about 30 years ago. Not tryin' to pi** anyone off but please rethink the hood, you won't believe how dumb thats going to look when the cars finished. Been there,done that.

4. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Wow... I hope he gets to drive it when it's done. What colour are we going to go for, has that been determined yet?

5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Looks like the first one I drove " back in the day". It was a 1958 and was black with silver and I've never gotten over it! Thanks for sharing!

6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Beautiful car for a Corvette, that was back when they made them! What does it have in it, it looks like a 327 but it's hard to tell from the pictures. The body looks perfect on it too, most of the one's I have seen have body damage around the coves. Is that the original hood or something aftermarket, most of those Corvette's you see have a regular hood on them.

Our old neighbor used to rebuild cars for people, but he only messed around with Ford's. He did frame off's on several 65' Mustang convertible's, and a 40' Ford business man's coupe and a 57' Ford Fairlane was his last one. It is always fun to watch someone restore a car back to original status, I would like to see some more pictures as he gets further along on it if that's okay. I like to live through other's experience's! :neutral:

7. 5point3

5point3 Rockstar 100 Posts

The original hood is being refinished as well, so the owner will have his choice of hoods. It is not our car, my father is just doing what was asked.

Not sure on the color yet, I'll ask.

It is a small block but I am not sure on the cubic inch, I didnt ask. The hood is a stock with an aftermarket scoop molded on to it.

I will get more pics when it progresses and get some more details about it as well.

8. hunky

hunky Rockstar 100 Posts

That is a good way to go, 2 hoods. I had a '62 and my brother had a '60 we both regretted the hood mods. Is that a 1959 or 60 your dad is doing? If its original its a 283ci. No 327's 'till 1962

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  9. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

very nice. i know a guy who had one. such a fine vehicle

10. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i love that body style, i would love to have one of those