1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Corvette Servo

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by bzboardco, Apr 9, 2009.

1. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

Has anyone ever installed this on the 4l60E transmission. Just wondering I heard that it is the best bang for buck tranny upgrade there is, at only 15.00 it is very tempting.:neutral:
  2. heavy chevy

heavy chevy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I havent but i am interesed in doing it.
  3. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Installing the Corvette servo can firm up a sloppy shifting 1-2 on a 4L60 but if your transmission shifts good then adding this servo may make it shift too hard. I have installed lots of 700 - 4L60 servos and it's pretty straight forward. The biggest problem is not the servo but the exhaust pipe or the tunnel of the vehicle blocking the access to R&R of the servo.
    Once the pipe is out of the way it's just a matter of removing the round snap ring and the servo will come out in several pieces. One trick is once the snap ring is removed is to grab the o-ring with a pick and pull it down where you can cut it. Once it's cut it will pull out of the groove and release the cover. Sometimes this rubber o-ring gets stuck in the snap ring groove and makes the cover difficult to remove.
    And one last thing. Don't be surprised if your truck or S-10 already has an 096 "corvette" servo. Many vehicles other than Corvettes used this servo and many transmission rebuilders add this during a rebuild.
  5. bzboardco

Man thanks for the info! I know my truck doesn't have one I have owned since it was new and with no prior tranny work. I don't have any shifting problems but just want to make it funner to drive... I will be putting in the Trans-GO 4L60E HD2 shift kit and will prob do this mod in conjunction with the shift kit :neutral:
  6. bzboardco

Well installed the corvette servo. It did firm up my shifts but you really have to GET ON IT for it to be noticed. For 20.00 with shipping included it is not bad. I will still prob get a shift kit though and install it along with the servo. Basic hand tools and patience is what is needed to get the job done
  7. 31 Ford

31 Ford New Member

One thing no one talks about is the pin length for the Corvette servo.It is about 1/6 longer so it will apply pressure to the band sooner.I have in my tranny and it made a big differance...31 Ford
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I know a lot of guys on the Avalanche forms have done it and been happy..