1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Corvette Sinkhole Rescue - 1 down 7 to go.. Or should I say 1 UP Vette that is.

Discussion in 'Chevy Corvette Forum' started by Enkeiavalanche, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
  2. fugitive

fugitive New Member

Good news! but it still makes me sick seeing that vid! and looking at that ruby red Vette!
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

It is sad looking at the red vette. My brother owned a black 1993 40th anniversary vet. I forgot what a great looking car it was until I saw the smashed red one.
  4. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

Glad to see the "Blue Devil" started. Loved the one guy's comment before he fired it up: "I have faith it's a Corvette"
  5. McClintoc

McClintoc Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Why are they being so delicate? Aren't those cars totalled already?
  6. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts

Some are but the museum said they have full intentions of restoring all the damaged cars so they need as much of the vehicle as possible.
  7. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

GM has actually stepped up to restore every car possible since they are all one of a kind
  8. Pikey

Someone posted here that they are sending them to the GM tech center for the restorations. My dad works at the tech center in the area where the restorations will take place and he said that they are already prepping for the arrival of some of the cars.
  9. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

10. Pikey

I don't know if the workers had permission to start the car after recovery, but they did. Then they let it idle and moved it revealing the huge oil leak it had. I hope they did not mess up the motor also