Corvette Sinkhole Rescue - 1 down 7 to go.. Or should I say 1 UP Vette that is.

Discussion in 'Chevy Corvette Forum' started by Enkeiavalanche, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

:gasp: Well if you dropped 50 Feet you might leak too.... :lol: I'm sure they will Mop it up and Fix it right...Those motors are hand built..

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I was not aware that they were all hand built. I think that makes my point even more, why start it without a good once over, maybe pop the hood and check the oil?? before starting it up. Yes, I think that I would leak also if I was dropped 50 feet. :rofl:

3. fugitive

fugitive Member

I s there any info as to why this hole opened up and swallowed these works of art? Fraking!!!!!!!!?

4. Scott_Anderson

Scott_Anderson Rockstar 100 Posts

Personally I'm surprised that they (the cars) would have had gas in them(especially inside a building). One sure way to ruin a car, leave it with fuel in it.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Still want to know how this massive sinkhole opened up like that.

6. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

No it is not fracking so take a breather. As many know Kentucky is home to some of the largest underground caverns in America. Bowling Green, where Corvettes are built and the museum is located, happens to be rights over top of one of these large caverns. You have a shift and ground gives way. That is why the poured concrete footers to secure the crane just in case there was another cave-in

7. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

that thing is unrecognizable