1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Could I put this on my truck?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Kagami-Suburban, Apr 26, 2011.

1. 93-454-sub. I've always wanted to have this set up on a car or truck from that one scene in Christen when I saw the dual set up on that boat and from mad max with that dam blower. I don't care about the price of gas I wouldn't drive a Suburban if I did. just could I have my TBI turned into carb? I'd even be open to a Dual TBI.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DON-...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
  2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Don't know a whole lot about TBI into carb conversions but that scoop looks sickkk.
  3. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I don't know either, but I'd love to see it!!
  4. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Kagami: A TBI to carb swap is pretty easy, although with that 2/4 setup you will spend more time tuning, & more money buying extra parts to make it work correctly on your engine.
    For a single 4 barrel carb swap, all you need is a manifold to fit your heads & an HEI distributor.
    But for the 2/4 setup you'll also need a lot bigger cam for the 1200 CFM, bigger headers, a complete free flow exhaust system, & most likely head porting & bigger valves to make it breathe right.

**That is a sparkling good price on it though. I'll be surprised if the bidding doesn't go way up.
  5. I'm thinking about doing the whole engine anyway. My trucks going to be with me for long time and right now it feels like I'm driving the family's old sub which it may have been just not my family. plus I'm stuck in the loop of work-home-sleep-work, So I'm going to grab the parts I want for it and hopefully before the end of summer it will be in a shop getting done. or I'll have alot really cool stuff that looks fast it there boxes. so I'll leave this one to if I steal it at the price I'll be getting things to work around that set up.
  6. I got the set-up for 750$ guess I know how I'll be building my truck.
  7. ok maybe I just got the carbs I have really no idea what I need.... I'm figuring replace the top half, or maybe it would be cheaper/easier to just get a crate engine? my engine runs good so I should be able to get something for it.
  8. Blacksheep1

Blacksheep1 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

I'd get a fresh motor with a setup like that... Like you said you should be able to get something for yours...