1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Could there be something wrong?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 1slols1, Nov 30, 2009.

1. 1slols1

1slols1 New Member

trying to figure out if there is something wrong with my truck or if I am just being paranoid? I have an 04 silverado 5.3 ext cab, I filled it up the other day and it got to 200 miles on the trip meter right at half a tank, which is normal, but between half and quarter it only got 50 miles, this is the way it has been for a while now, no SES light or anything seems to run good no gas smell, just wondering what I can do or if this a normal thing I am tired of going like 5 days on a half tank then 2 for the last half. Thanks
  2. h0serdude

h0serdude New Member

I've always found gas gauges to be extremely inaccurate in all of my cars (On my 9th vehicle now). I can go 150 miles on 1/3 tank according to the needle and then another 150 on the remaining 2/3.
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I try not to even look at the trip meter til I fill up. Its bad luck. On the other hand always get much better mileage out of top half of guage. But they usually hit E with a few gallons left could be part of it. My wifes car will show 250 in top half and only get another 100-150 on lower half of guage.