1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

couple minor improvements

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by 62930-03, Sep 20, 2012.

1. 62930-03

62930-03 New Member

Only had the truck for just over 2 weeks but so far only thing I have left to get done before bow season kicks off here in IL is tinted windows.
    Had an appointment to have tint done last week but the guys father was in the hospital so I have to reschedule.

I did put on the OEM mud flaps and rear wheel well liners this morning, couple pictures to follow.

- - - Updated - - -

Front OEM mud flaps

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

rear OEM

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Before & After rear wheel well liners.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Also added a UnderCover Flex bed cover....I may have already posted a picture of it but here you go anyway.

[​IMG]
  2. AMac

AMac New Member 100 Posts

Looking good! Does it snow where you are? The only reason I ask is because I looked into doing the wheel liners on my truck and heard back from a few people that all it does is trap salt and other stuff that good speed up corrosion of the frame and other things in that area.

The bed cover looks pretty cool, did you lose any space inside?

Happy modding!
  3. 62930-03

62930-03 New Member

We might get snow a couple times a year or like last winter none at all.

I lose zero room from the bed cover.
    The reason I got this one is that I can flip it all the up to the rear window of the cab and it has two rods that hold it in place but keep it from contacting the rear window.
    I can still haul my atv with out having to remove the bed cover.

Just got the spray on bed liner[/] done a couple days ago as well as the front windows tinted and factory OEM remote start kit so I'm pretty much done modifying other then the DuHa bin I'm waiting on.
    A buddy of mine is modifying it to hold my compound bow for trips to the woods I might have it next week but wont hold my breath.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php/97993-Du-Ha-Storage-Cases/page2#axzz296j5D2A7
  4. j cat

j cat Active Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

the liner in the rear wheel well looks good to me. it is designed so that the mud/snow de-icing material does not get into those crossmember tubes and behind into the frame rails/bed rails.

my 2000 I made wheel well deflectors out of rubber roofing to protect the leaf spring support and the cab from the rear wheels . your vehicle has more lower metal to protect those areas . not so on the 2000 model.

my leaf spring supports and cab still look great. the round crossmember however got rusted out on top of the fuel tank where it runs over it. this is because that area between the bed and frame is open with my vehicle.

you liners closed that opening .
  5. 62930-03

62930-03 New Member

Here is my latest modification just finished and installed today.

sorry for the blurry pic's, this is my DuHa bin that a buddy made some minor changes to at my request.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Here you can see where I store the 3# combo lock when not in use.
    Its put on the bow string to make the bin a legal bow case here in IL.

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

The far end ammo can is my deer field dress kit, green bag has tree steps and the rope for dragging deer if needed

[​IMG]
  6. 62930-03

62930-03 New Member

A while back I upgraded to the OEM factory remote start and then my Obsessive Camouflage
    Disorder kicked in.

Below is the result.

[​IMG]
  7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

i like the fob! that a vinyl?

Alex
  8. 62930-03

62930-03 New Member

Its the same process they use to camouflage most hunting related items, Hydrographic dip printing.