Couple new additions, couple more questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by stewart7225, May 24, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. stewart7225

stewart7225 New Member

Well its been quite a while since i've posted around here. I've added a few new things recently and have some more projects in the works already. Anyways pictures are worth a thousand words so here we go.

Wheel well liners, definitely a must have just because of the simple fact they make it so much easier to clean mud up.

[​IMG]

But the big project was wiring up some LED lights for the bed. It turned out pretty well I think, major PITA to run wires although I made it difficult because of where I wanted my switch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyways on to some questions, first up how can I pull out the plastic box between the power outlets? Do I have to pull the entire dash apart or what?

[​IMG]

Second question, I am thinking of making a lighted door sill similar to this:

dannycruz837-albums-illuminated+door+sills-picture140396-night-hella-bright.jpg

Anyone ever done something similar? I've pretty well got it planned out, I think I'm gonna try to do it with SILVERADO.

Anyways thats all for now, I've got a set of foglights coming that should fit in the factory openings but actually provide enough light to be worth having. If it all works out well I'll have a set of factory fog lights for sale.
  2. Jason2325

Jason2325 New Member

So do you have those factory fogs for sale?
  3. feb

feb New Member

stewart7225 - Does the wheel liners hold the road noise? Is it any louder in the cab with the liners installed?
  4. stewart7225

stewart7225 New Member

Won't know for sure about the fogs until I get the new ones here and installed. If the new ones won't fit in the factory holes then I will be keeping the factory fogs.

I don't think that the liners change the noise level any. The only difference is that I can hear more rocks that my tires kick up but that is only on gravel roads and due to my A/T tires.
  5. Burden33

Burden33 New Member 100 Posts

i pulled the whole cover off its just held by clips. i know the holder comes out but i had my dash face off anyways since i was doing my stereo and i drilled a hole for my amp knob so i oculd turn up the bass or turn it down when i wanted
  6. Jason2325

Jason2325 New Member

Did you every get the LED lights done successfully?
  7. stewart7225

stewart7225 New Member

Chickened out until I can find a cheap set of replacements in case I screw up lol.

I do believe it can be done fairly easily but I still would like a spare set of door sills to work on.

I did get my fog light replacements in, so if anyone is interested I do have a set of factory fog lights for sale.
  8. Jason2325

Jason2325 New Member