Couple of new things

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Jimmeh, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

I haven't taken pictures of the truck for awhile now. Got a topper, new interior rear view mirror (no pictures) and some towing mirrors. Also put my terrible looking winter wheels back on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  2. sgtsjj

sgtsjj New Member

looks real good man the tow mirrors look really good on it
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator

Jimmeh, the Topper and Side Tow mirror's.....Look Great!!!.....Very Nice.....:great:
  4. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

Thanks! Finally replacing my melted dash piece next week with an e-bay one, and then after that hoping to get the rack rails for the topper. I've got some big plans for next summer, but we'll see how the money situation works out. Hoping to still be working a lot of overtime then which has been helping immensely even with the lack of sleep, haha.
  5. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

Boy am I jealous of that topper!! That's the exact one I wanted because it has nice clean lines, but It was way over my budget. I bought one off craigslist for $120, and I painted it to match the truck and it looks good. I bought a Yakima basket for the top of mine to mount my off road lights to it, 12 lights total should look good.

Keep up the great work!!
  6. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

Yeah, I found this one on Craigslist for $650 and talked the guy down to $500. Two days later, there was another one identical off an 03 for $300. I'm hoping to do the same thing as far as a yakima basket later on. Do you have the load warrior? Any pics?
  7. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member

The topper looks super clean on the truck and I know those tows have to make things a lot easier to see
  8. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member

Looking good! Tow mirrors are definitely on my to-do list. Where did you get yours and how much were they if you don't mind me asking?
  9. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

I got them off of eBay for about $150. Since I have the work truck with no power options, I just got the basic manual adjustment mirrors. I noticed the power ones were close to $100 more though, FYI (not sure if you have power mirrors or not).
  10. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member

No I have the work truck model as well, the previous owner added on aftermarket power windows and locks. Thanks for the ebay tip, I'll have to look into that.
  11. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

No problem. Do you have any idea how much he might have paid for the aftermarket power options? Did he replace the whole door panel or just get some buttons put in? Definitely one of my to do things, lol. The only thing I miss about my old truck is power windows.
  12. tecster

tecster New Member

those are exactly what I want! I found em on eBay, if my truck doesn't come with heated mirrors will it still have the plug reciever to adapt to the heated?
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  13. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member

I have no idea dude, sorry. I'm gonna guess ~$250-$300? And he just got some buttons put in, I wish he/ whoever did the install could have done a neater job, it's kind of a hack job but it's not terrible.
  14. McMahan

McMahan New Member

Looks great
  15. Looks good Jimmeh. What brand is the topper?
  16. pmf608

pmf608 New Member

The new upgrades look great! I really want a set of those tow mirrors but I don't want to give up my power folding. :neutral: if only there was an easy way to fit Super Duty tow mirrors on to bases that fit GM trucks... I'd gladly sort out the wiring to make a set of those work

If you have a rear defroster in your truck, the wiring would probably be there. If you don't have rear defrost, you won't be able to have working heated mirrors because without heated mirrors and/or rear defrost from the factory, the heater controls don't have the button to activate them and the wiring won't be in place.
  17. Jimmeh

Jimmeh New Member

It is an Apex brand. I've never actually heard of them, but the quality seems good. My only complaint is that it seems no matter what I do, it is a little cockeyed if you look really close in the mirrors. I'm still going to try to figure that out, but at the moment it's too cold out for me to stay out for a long enough time to fix it.
  18. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member

Hey Jimmeh my Yakima basket is called the megawarrior, It is almost as long as the truck bed, and it's almost as wide as the topper. It's pretty much the whole top of my topper, I bought mine solely for lighting purposes though. If you do get one for the top of your camper shell, just keep in mind how much weight you put in it because of the fragile fiberglass.

Regarding your last post about the cap seeming crooked, mine was the same way lol! My theory for mine was that from age the cap actually spread open a little bit, so I took a ratchet strap and put it all the way around the cap and made it real snug and let it set for a few days. Believe it or not it actually drew the cap back into shape, mine was setting at like a 15 degree angle when I first got it.