1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Couple of new things

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by Jimmeh, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

No problem. Do you have any idea how much he might have paid for the aftermarket power options? Did he replace the whole door panel or just get some buttons put in? Definitely one of my to do things, lol. The only thing I miss about my old truck is power windows.
  2. tecster

tecster Member

those are exactly what I want! I found em on eBay, if my truck doesn't come with heated mirrors will it still have the plug reciever to adapt to the heated?
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I have no idea dude, sorry. I'm gonna guess ~$250-$300? And he just got some buttons put in, I wish he/ whoever did the install could have done a neater job, it's kind of a hack job but it's not terrible.
  4. McMahan

McMahan Rockstar 100 Posts

Looks great
  5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Looks good Jimmeh. What brand is the topper?
  6. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The new upgrades look great! I really want a set of those tow mirrors but I don't want to give up my power folding. :neutral: if only there was an easy way to fit Super Duty tow mirrors on to bases that fit GM trucks... I'd gladly sort out the wiring to make a set of those work

If you have a rear defroster in your truck, the wiring would probably be there. If you don't have rear defrost, you won't be able to have working heated mirrors because without heated mirrors and/or rear defrost from the factory, the heater controls don't have the button to activate them and the wiring won't be in place.
  7. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

It is an Apex brand. I've never actually heard of them, but the quality seems good. My only complaint is that it seems no matter what I do, it is a little cockeyed if you look really close in the mirrors. I'm still going to try to figure that out, but at the moment it's too cold out for me to stay out for a long enough time to fix it.
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Hey Jimmeh my Yakima basket is called the megawarrior, It is almost as long as the truck bed, and it's almost as wide as the topper. It's pretty much the whole top of my topper, I bought mine solely for lighting purposes though. If you do get one for the top of your camper shell, just keep in mind how much weight you put in it because of the fragile fiberglass.

Regarding your last post about the cap seeming crooked, mine was the same way lol! My theory for mine was that from age the cap actually spread open a little bit, so I took a ratchet strap and put it all the way around the cap and made it real snug and let it set for a few days. Believe it or not it actually drew the cap back into shape, mine was setting at like a 15 degree angle when I first got it.